Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life in the Fast Lane

Well, I haven't as yet gotten around to refinishing my new table.  Life in the fast lane doesn't allow detours sometimes. However I have had the opportuntity to attend a ladies retreat and will have a craft table to sell my work there, so I have spent the past week increasing and diversifying my stock.  As usual I have some doubt about how well some things will sell.  I also needed to make a greater quantity to sell in my shop. 


So.... I spent about a week working on making hairbows and painting the insides of my ornaments.  The ornaments definitely get interesting.  Try to imagine painting with a tiny paintbrush on the inside of a glass ornament with a three year old running around. It is definitely not for the faint of heart I can tell you.  I had quite a few people ask me how I manged to paint the inside the ornaments.  It is interesting.  I had to bend the ferules of my paintbrushes to get to the top of the painted area.  Of course you have to use small paintbrushes so you don't get paint on the top of the ornament.  It is also a reciepe for practicing patience, not something that I do easily. 

 
I love to create, my preference is for it to be something that will be used and/or enjoyed everyday.  I also hate to feel figitty, and do if I don't have something to do with my hands, so I frequently have some crocheting with me.  I make hats and flower hairbows on the go. 

 
So for those of you that are following me, I appreciate the confidence and support.  I have a great deal of respect for others who have been in business for themselves longer than me, and I appreciate the input that has been offered to me.  The people that I have met in this field of endevor have all been amazingly helpful.  I didn't manage to make any sales, but I did manage to make some contacts.  I am trusting that this will be a time of growth and improvement.  I am also very grateful for the patience and support of my family and friends. 

Ok, so I really have been in the fast or nonexistant lane for a while now.  I thought that I hade posted this about 2 months ago.  So finally here it is.  I really am going to try to post more regularly, we'll see how it goes.  Thnaks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.