Friday, July 26, 2013

Soap Wrapping

Punched for soap visibility
I  have looked at lots of different packaging for homemade soap, and I have finally settled on what I want to use for mine.

Wrapped around the bar
Since my shop name Cabin of Bows evokes a rustic and elegant impression, I wanted to do something that would continue that idea.

I tried to see if tissue paper could be used in a punch first.  Unfortunately, it just tore in about half of the area that was supposed to be cut.  So I turned to kraft paper.  It maintains that rustic feel that I am looking for.  Using a punch on the top edge does make it take longer to wrap, but I think that attention to detail is important.  After all it really does look cute.  It helps that I can punch multiple pieces at the same time.

The back and bottom of the bar
Next the bars need to get wrapped.  I do this taping the back and ends with tape.  I am leaving the top open so that you can see the decorative tops.  After the paper is taped I then cut my ribbon to size.  I am using a different ribbon for each variety of soap at this point.   After taping the ribbon on I then use a sticker for the ingredients to secure the ribbon on the back.  The front receives an oval ribbon with my trademark in the background.  In the foreground I put the name of the soap and my shop info.

So what do you think?  I am pleased so far.  It only takes me about 30 seconds to wrap a bar.  With everything being simple it makes things much easier.  I think that I will stay with this design for the time being.   Of course, as always, as a woman I reserve the right to change my mind.  ;)

Here are my three varieties with the differences being minor, but effective.
Peppermint Poppy Seed
https://www.etsy.com/listing/157618865/peppermint-poppy-seed-all-natural?ref=v1_other_1



Lavender Bliss
https://www.etsy.com/listing/157648961/lavender-bliss-all-natural-homemade-soap?ref=v1_other_1


Chai Delight
https://www.etsy.com/listing/157520373/chai-delight-homemade-all-natural-soap

Linked to:

9 comments:

  1. Love the presentation. I came over from sunny simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. The punches are a great detail. I'm visiting from HomeAcre Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! It's creative, the label says what it needs to, the heart punch out shows the color of the soap, and the whole package says "buy me"! Perfect! Just one thought - wouldn't it be fun to find a punch in the shape of a bow and add a few of those to the hearts? It would also tie into your theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soaps look wonderful. I love the heart details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute little bundles. great idea to use the heart punch. love the names you've given your soaps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing on The HomeAcre Hop last week! Hope to see you back again today at:
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/08/the-homeacre-hop-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gang at My Personal Accent thinks your post about Soap Wrapping is WONDERFUL. We would like to invite you to party with us starting at 5:00 Thursday nights at our new Blog Strut Peacock Style Link Party to share your creative ideas. Come on over!! http://wp.me/P2Vf55-1K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your soap wrap is beautiful! I might have to try these for Christmas Thanks for sharing at the Creative Home & Garden Hop.
    Looking forward to seeing what you share this week.

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-creative-home-garden-hop-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.