Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Zucchini Bread

I really like zucchini bread.  I received this recipe from an older lady that went to the church I grew up in.   Thank you Miss Reba!   I like this recipe better than any other recipe that I have tried for zucchini bread.
Finished Loaves

Butter & Sugar
 So without further ado, here is the recipe.


Zucchini Bread

Preheat your oven to 400* F.

2 C sugar
1 C oil - I used coconut since it was what I had on         hand, but vegetable is better.
3 Large beaten eggs
1 t vanilla
Add eggs
2 C flour
    1 t baking soda
    1/4 t baking powder
    1 t salt
    1 t cinnamon
Add dry ingredients
    2 C finely chopped zucchini (We grind a bunch up        and put it in the freezer in pre-measured Ziploc bags for easy use the rest of the year.)
    1 C chopped nut (optional)
 
Cream sugar and oil.  Add beaten eggs  and vanilla and beat well.







Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl then combine with the sugar, oil and eggs.







Mixed and ready for zucchini




After all the dry ingredients are thoroughly combined you are ready to add your chopped zucchini.  This will look a little softer if you use oil.
Add zucchini








Add zucchini all at once and mix well until fully incorporated.  At this point the batter will look more like cake batter at this point with oil.  Unfortunately coconut oil makes for a stiffer dough.
Add nuts if desired











Add nuts if desired and mix well.







Ready to go in the oven


Place in 2 buttered loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.  Slice and enjoy.  I like mine with a little butter on it.  Yummmm!

I tried a piece with a little butter and it tastes just as good, even thought it didn't mix up as fluidly.



I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have over the years.  Bon appetit!







1 comment:

  1. What a perfect time for you to have zucchini Bread this week. At least in the North East our zucchini is producing right now. And your bread looks and sounds mouthwatering. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!
















    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.